Woman in South Carolina dies after foil-wrapped sandwich catches fire in microwave

A tragic incident occurred in South Carolina, where a woman lost her life in a house fire. The fire was caused by an unfortunate incident when she attempted to warm up a sandwich wrapped in foil inside her microwave. This resulted in the microwave bursting into flames.

Thommie Ruth Jackson, a 67-year-old woman, experienced a frightening incident on May 23rd at around 8:30 p.m. Inside her home, the microwave unexpectedly burst into flames, as reported by the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office. Jackson shared the residence with her sister.

Upon the arrival of the deputies, a thick cloud of smoke engulfed the house, while the desperate cries for help echoed from within. Unfortunately, the smoke was so dense that it prevented the deputies from entering the premises, as reported by the sheriff’s office.

According to WCIV, the fire investigation conducted by the State Fire Marshall’s Office and the Sumter Fire Department revealed that the fire was caused by placing aluminum foil in the microwave. Additionally, the poor living conditions contributed to the rapid spread of the fire and made it challenging for firefighters to extinguish it.

According to officials, the fire was deemed accidental. An autopsy report is currently being awaited to ascertain the cause of death, as reported by the news outlet.

Read More:  Two top Border Patrol personnel who partied with the Mexican tequila baron are now being investigated

Leave a Comment