On Wednesday, August 30, 2023, at approximately 5:20 p.m., the driver of a suspect vehicle rear-ended the victim, who was driving south on N IH 35 SVRD Southbound and Howard Lane. The victim suffered injuries as a result of the crash, which caused significant damage to both vehicles. The suspect did not render aid, nor did he provide the information required by law when involved in a collision.
The suspect is described as:
* White male
* Approximately 65 to 75 years of age
* Medium to heavy set build
* 5’8” to 5’9” tall
* Short, grey hair
The suspect vehicle is described as:
* Ford Expedition King Ranch Edition
* Heavy front end damage (primarily on the right side)
* Permanent disability blue placard hanging from rearview mirror
* TX tag sticker next to rearview mirror
* Vanity front plate
* Roof rack and sunroof
Anyone with any information may submit a tip anonymously through the Capital Area Crime Stoppers Program by visiting austincrimestoppers.org or calling 512-472-8477.